Getting started with wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is the sprouted portion of the wheat plant. It is gluten-free and, as its name suggests, resembles grass. Wheatgrass juice contains large amounts of chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and more. Our starter kit offers all you need to grow your wheatgrass apart from the compost.
- 3 Trays 50 x 32 x 6cm (each tray takes approx. 150-200g of wheat per sowing).
- 2kg Organic Wheat Grain.
- KOJU manual juicer - BPA Free.
- Instructions on how to grow and process your wheatgrass.
Check out our Blog to learn more about growing your own organic wheatgrass英国威廉希尔开户 and making your own juice.
How to grow Wheatgrass
- Weigh out the seed (wheat or barley) quantity required. 3-4 seeds per cm2 are a minimum to get good, dense growth of wheatgrass.
- Our large growing trays have dimensions of 50cm x 32cm and require approx. 100g of wheat seeds per sowing.
- Fill a seed tray with 4-6cm of quality (ideally certified organic) compost. Water the compost generously and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
- Spread the wheat seeds over the soil. The seeds should be touching each other but not overlapping.
- Lightly sprinkle (sieve) compost over the seeds to cover them.
- Keep the trays in indirect sunlight in a not too warm area. Continue watering – very sparingly - as needed. Liquid seaweed can be added to the water to feed the plants.
- After 7 – 10 days (Summer) or 10 – 14 days (Winter) the wheatgrass will be tall enough (15-20cm) for harvesting and juicing.